Friday, October 10, 2008

Arts and Crafts

So I decided about 2 weeks ago that I wanted to learn to crochet, so I could make some cute things for Campbell, and other babies, while they are still young enough to wear it and not feel embarrassed. (Not that I would make something so bad that it would give reason to be embarrassed.) So, I decided that I would start with a blanket and it turned out okay, but not ideal. I realized after I finished the entire main color that I did the wrong stitch throughout the whole thing, but still appropriate. Here is what my first attempt at crocheting looks like. By the way, I had to start this blanket about 6 different times.


After doing that blanket, I decided I would do it again, with opposite colors from the first one, but use the correct stitch. I am so happy that I did this, because the second one came out looking so much better. Let me know what you think. And, would it be bad if I decided to gift the first one?



Anyway, I now have so much confidence (ha ha ha) in my crocheting ability that I am going to attempt to make a sweater. It is too cute in the book, so I only hope that mine somewhat resembles the actual pattern. Wish me luck. Oh, and by the way, I was so excited that I had completed an entire blanket (my first attempt) after teaching myself, I brought it to church last Sunday to show my parents. What is the first thing out of my Dad's mouth? "Wow, you are really going to be a great grandma". Thanks????? I can't even think about that right now. We must remember that Campbell is only 5 1/2 months old. I will keep you posted on how the sweater turns out.

Just a small update on Campbell.... She is loving her baby food. Not so much with the cereal, but the baby food is a hit. We have now eaten green beans (did not love at first, but loves now), applesauce (loved from the start), sweet potatoes (also a hit), and as of this morning, prunes, which she surprisingly loved. I could not bring myself to taste those. I have tried everything else, but could not try the prunes. We will stick with them since she likes them, and hopefully they will help to keep her regular.

1 comment:

Angie said...

Love the blanket! Great job for your first time. It looks much better than my attempt. :)BTW, I never tried the prunes either!!