Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend of Fun and Family!!!!

I apologize for the long time between posts, but I have been waiting for something to write about and show new pictures. Turns out, Campbell and I had a very busy few days this past weekend. Mama Jean (Campbell's Great Grandmother) came into town from Macon, GA and was here from Wednesday night through Sunday morning. Campbell and I spent every day from Thursday to Saturday visiting with Mama Jean, GoGo, and Do-Da. We went to the mall on Thursday to visit with Mama Jean, GoGo, Cousin Elizabeth, Great Great Aunt Alice, and cousins Tate and Grant. Campbell met Tate and Grant (Elizabeth's boys) for the first time and Grant had fun making funny faces at Campbell while she watched him so intently, giving a smile every now and then. Uncle Alan and a family friend, Dave, even came into town on Saturday. Needless to say, Campbell did not sit alone for too long. She seemed to be in someones arms about 90% of the time, with Mama Jean taking first place. We had a great time visiting with the family and Campbell did a lot of baby talking and singing for everyone, which really made us laugh. She is definitely starting to develop her own little personality, which is so much fun to watch.


Mama Jean holding her pride and joy

Campbell getting cozy in Mama Jean's lap

A brief moment of slumber (and I do mean brief)

Campbell and her proud Grandmother and Great Grandmother

Uncle Alan holding Campbell for the first time... and she didn't even spit up on him.

GoGo and Do-Da holding noodle (Do-Da's nickname for Campbell)

You may be wondering where Daddy was, and he was on a fancy commercial shoot in LA. He missed the whole thing here in town, while he was rubbing elbows with the important LA folks. I am just kidding...he was doing some very important work of his own. Even though he was not here, he was thinking about us, especially Campbell. It was so cute that he brought her some presents from LA. He came home with 3 t-shirts ("I heart LA", "Hollywood California" and "Muscle beach"), along with a onesie that Captain D's production company made for her. I am still giving him a hard time about the fact that he never brought me any presents from business trips, but anyway. In addition to all of Daddy's traveling, he has been busy building us a retaining wall in the back yard, to extend our patio. He is now just about finished and it looks amazing.

Campbell sporting her new onesie from Captain D's production co.

Too cute to resist posting. Another brief moment of slumber with Daddy.

The retaining wall while in progress... now finished (completed pictures to come)

In addition to all the fun we had this past weekend, about a month ago, Gene's entire family came to our house for a cookout. Campbell got to meet her Aunt Pam and Uncle John for the first time, along with all of her other cousins (Mitchell, Megan, and Morgan). She had a great time with all of the kids and they were so sweet with her. Again, she did not take any naps and was very, very, very tired at the end of that day. Unfortunately, we did not get a lot of pictures that day due to the craziness, but we will have more opportunities in the future.



Aunt Debbie holding Campbell with Grandma Pone in the background. At days end, our baby girl was worn out.


Now we are trying to get back on track with a normal schedule and naps are becoming ever harder as the days go on. Campbell just loves to see everything, and hates to miss one little thing, so naps have become something that may or may not happen. Typically I would not get so bent out of shape about this, but when 8:00 pm comes around and it is bed time, she becomes a holy terror because she is sooooooo over-tired from forcing herself to stay awake all day that now she can't fall asleep. Our mission this week is to try to get back on track with a more normal schedule, which may includes some naps here and there.


At least over the weekend I got to get some pictures of me and Campbell together, which rarely happens, since I am usually taking the pictures.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Keeley,
Love the pictures. I can't wait to get back to Nashville long enough to see Campbell--and hold her.
"great aunt" Nancy