Again, sorry for the delay between posts, but I have some new stats to update you on. Campbell had her 4 month check-up last Monday and is doing great. She weighed in at 14 lbs 7.6 oz, and was 23 7/8 in long, both putting her in the 75th percentile. Her head circumference was 41 cm, putting her in the 50th percentile. This was exciting, because this was the first time she maintained all of her stats (based on percentiles) between doctor visits. She did, of course, have to get 4 more shots, which were not fun at all, for her or for me. Another piece of exciting news from our doctor visit was that Campbell can now start on rice cereal. She is going to become more of a big girl and learn to eat from a spoon. While I was listening to the pediatrician tell me what she wanted me to do with the cereal, I was already starting to picture my little girl eating from a spoon for the first time and how entertaining this would be for me, yet frustrating for her. Needless to say, my thoughts were correct. When I put that spoon in her mouth for the first time, she gave me this look of disgust, as if I had done the most appalling thing to her. Initially, she would spit the food out as fast as I had just put it in, and could not scoop it up fast enough to get it back into her mouth, so most of it ended up on her chin and bib. About 3 days into the process, she actually started to open her mouth in excitement, or readiness, to eat the cereal. I could not, however, let this moment pass without capturing some footage on film (or on hard drive). She can eat it pretty well now, but it continues to provide us with entertainment. I can't wait to give her baby food and see her facial expressions when she eats it. I will have to get a floor mat to catch any droppings, since that food has color.
Now that Campbell has good head support, she has been exploring some new seating arrangements and entertainment options. She enjoys her bumbo because she is right at dog level, so she can stare at them and watch their every move, while playing with some of her own toys. She has not quite grasped the concept of her jumper, but the light and music are fun for now. I am sure we will begin to have much more fun in both of these seats as the month rolls on.
Trying to decide whether or not she should play with those toys or simply observe.
Holy cow!!! What is this thing?!?
So proud of herself for just rolling over, she thought she would reward herself with her hand.
Too cute not to post
1 comment:
Love the new background! Very fun! Keep those pictures coming. Avery starts school in the morning, so we may actually get to hang out again. Pencil me in for a playdate!
Post a Comment